HOW TO INSTALL A PLUG-IN
Please first read the complete instructions before following the directions to install and activate your new PrestaShop plugin/extension:
You start the installation process by downloading a module from the PrestaShop Addons Marketplace online, to install it on your PrestaShop site.
There are two ways to install a module:
- Using the dedicated form.
- Using your FTP client.
INSTALLATION USING THE DEDICATED FORM
To install a new PrestaShop module “automatically”, click on the “add a module from my computer” link at the top of the list of modules. This will reveal a new section.
Two options are presented in the “add a new module” section:
- Add a module from a web server: simply point the URL to its online zip file, and validate.
- Add a module from your computer: browse to the module’s zip file that you downloaded, and validate.
In both cases, you must point to the module’s zip archive, and not its folder or any of its unpacked files. Once validated, PrestaShop will load the module (either from the web or from your computer), unpack it, place the files in the correct location, and update the page.
INSTALLATION USING AN FTP CLIENT
To install a new PrestaShop module manually:
- Unzip (decompress) the module archive file (.zip). This should result in a new folder.
- Using your FTP client, place the folder into your PrestaShop / modules folder. Pay attention NOT to upload that folder into another module’s folder (this can happen easily when drag-and-dropping items). Upload the whole folder, not just the files it contains.
- Go to your back-office, in the “modules” tab.
- Locate the new module in the modules list. You might have to scroll down. Alternatively you can also use the list’s search function, which will provide a dynamically updated list of matching module names.
- In the row listing the new module, click the “install” button.
Your module is now installed and should be activated, as indicated with a green checkmark. If necessary, click on the module’s “configure” link. Please notice and consider any warning messages that might be displayed by PrestaShop.
Once configuration is complete, be sure to test the module immediately to confirm that it works correctly.